Monday, January 18, 2016

Glenn Frey has died

I am sorry to say that Glenn Frey has passed away on Monday, January 18, 2016.

Prayers for his family and all of us who love him so very much.

He changed my life, just like he did so many others. There are a lot of hearts broken tonight.

This is the message from the Eagles website:

It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of husband, best friend, father, comrade, and Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.

The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery.

Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.

Cindy Frey | Taylor Frey | Deacon Frey | Otis Frey|
Don Henley | Joe Walsh | Timothy B. Schmit | Bernie Leadon | Irving Azoff


Don Henley has also shared a statement on his official site.

If you want to share your memories with fellow fans, here's our thread for him

- Jan 18, 2016

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My condolences to Glenn's family, friends, fans and band members!

He'll be loved and remembered always. ❤ ✿ ♡

Laurel Phoenix, C. Ht.

5:30 PM  
Blogger osfania said...

Best wishes to the Frey family. I lost my dad on Tuesday. I know the hurt. Be well.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Tillerman said...

So sad for the ones left behind, our thoughts are with you all in this difficult time.
He leaves a legacy of music and lyrics that will live on forever enabling us to smile and celebrate every time we here his songs. R.I.P. Glenn. Take care the Frey family
Neil S

11:30 AM  
Blogger James said...

He was a good man who wrote the songs I grew up with. Please join me in prayer. for Glen and his family.

1:23 PM  
Blogger James said...

He was a good man who wrote the songs I grew up with. Please join me in prayer. for Glen and his family.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rest in peace, sir. I am such a huge fan and he has been a very big influence on me as a songwriter and musician. I had the honor of seeing Glenn & The Eagles in Toronto 2 years ago and they sounded as good as they ever have. What talent, what songs. I am so truly saddened by his passing. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. Glenn - thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

Scott Celani

1:54 PM  
Blogger Gail Klein said...

I am so sad about this. What a great loss to his family and to the world. I came of age in the 70's and the Eagles' music was part of the soundtrack of that era. We don't have artists of his stature anymore. RIP, Glenn Frey. Your music really touched me.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Hrojas said...

i'm terribly sad, its surprising how this can happen. My condolences to Glenn's family and band members! He leaves a legacy of music and lyrics that will live forever ... Eagles won't Die ...

hector rojas, Leon, gto, Mexico.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Te amaremos eternamente, Glenn. RIP

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home